Thursday, April 30, 2015

10 Worst Screen Characters

On this mostly gray Saturday, I was minding my own business struggling through Federal and State tax forms, when I noticed once again I was tagged by that sublime Brit, Crispian Thurlborn, for another game of 10 screen characters. This time the 10 worst. It took me awhile, because when I don't like the characters I stop watching. Usually. But after much thought and help from my wife, I came up with 10. They are all pretty awful, so in no particular order, here we go:

1. Ronald Merrick, played by Tim Pigott-Smith, in The Jewel in the Crown
1908eye_JITC-8-(2)

2 and 3. Captain Picard and William Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation
RikerPicard2

4. Tilo, played by Aishwarya Rai, in The Mistress of Spices
mistressof04

5. Willy Wonka in the 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Ugh!
yqrzspquy5i

6. Sherlock Holmes in PBS's Sherlock. Awful, just awful.
umbrella_slideshow_01

7. The Earl of Grantham in Downton Abbey. Great for getting a good night's sleep.
Robert-Earl-of-Grantham-Hugh-Bonneville-downton-abbey-15932405-570-364

8. Katniss in The Hunger Games trilogy. Couldn't stand her in the books, either.
katniss-everdeen-the-hunger-games-catching-fire-24806-1920x1080

9. Edward in Twilight. Double Ugh!
Edward_Cullen

10. Bella Swan in Twilight. She could actually be in the running for all time worst.
Bella_Swan

Oh, the ignominy of it all. Gads!

My tags will be on Twitter.

[Originally published 21 March 2015 on www.cwhawes.com.]

No comments: